Monday, May 13, 2013

Exterior Facades Take III

Finishing my focus on exteriors today I am posting a few shots of boardform concrete.  It is not often used with more traditional homes but I do love the look of it.  The concrete is poured into rough wood forms so that the wood pattern transfers to the concrete as it hardens.  Here is an example from Architectural Digest's feature on an LA home:


{ this fireplace is useable from inside & outside }

This next home I found on Houzz has traditional roof lines, but the board form in the front contemporizes it.  I'm not sure about all the little itty bitty windows but I do love the concrete:



And finally this gorgeous entryway which guides you nicely into the home:



{ love the window/doorway treatment }

I think board form concrete adds clean lines but allows for an organic feel & some rusticity which sets it apart a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment