Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Decorative Branches

It's very chilly here in Vancouver. We have -10 degrees Celcius predicted for tonight!! I've been out & about these past few days and I have been noticing the stark beauty of bare branches, frost-laden & architectural against the backdrop of blue sky.

What do you think about these branches brought in for fall & winter decoration?

{ featured in: Apartment Therapy }


{ driftwood & cranberries from now-defunct Domino }

Initially I was a bit put off by these stick centrepieces from Rachael Ray, but their contemporary lines have grown on me & I have to add them:
{ alder branches }

Here is a traditional take on the branch centrepiece for Christmas from Country Living; however I find the table a little cluttered. What do you think? I'd have eliminated some of the excess decorations and focused on the jugs filled with branches & the lovely grey colour of the table:

{ stars & snowflakes in branches }

Here are branches put to use as pictured in Desire to Inspire:

{ minimalist clothes rod }

Or as envisioned by Christine Rudolph:

{ salt cellars & clothes rods made from branches }

What about this DIY woodtable from 101Woonideeen:

{ satisfying weekend project }

I never thought I'd say that a twig chandelier would be elegant but here it is, as featured in The Adventures of Tartanscot's blog:

{ delicate & aristocratic }

And to finish off: a few of my favourite minimalist wreaths from Emily Thompson featured recently on design*sponge:



2 comments:

  1. love the twig chandeliers...I remember I gathered branches together in a glass vase & dangled little silver balls from them, one year for Christmas. Someone mocked me and called it a 'Charlie Brown Christmas Tree' but I loved it...& thought it was rustic & elegant all at once. Similar to the country living, but definitely that table is too clutttered, and the glass vase (in my case) reflected light & played with the shiny silver dingle balls.
    in the words of Dr. Seuss:
    'Trim up the tree with Christmas stuff
    Like bingle balls, and whofoo fluff
    Trim up the town with goowho gums and bizilbix and wums
    Trim every blessed window and trim every blessed door
    Hang up whoboohoo bricks
    Then run out and get some more!
    Hang pantookas on the ceilings
    Pile pankunas on the floor'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing Decorative Branches California related news, it's amazing news and m loving that.

    ReplyDelete