Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Musings

Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday. I have two little treasures who qualify me to celebrate the day myself, but this blog post will be dedicated to my own amazing "Little Mum".

Margaret Ruth (Hills*) Clark is my mother & is someone who really (yes REALLY!!) can do it all but never makes you feel bad because you can't. She is beautiful:

{ my Mum; 3 years old }

{ my Mum last summer }

She is smart (graduated top of her class with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from the University of Toronto plus has various Industrial First Aid training & a HAM radio operator's license):

{ Mum's Grad Photo }

She is creative, patient, a superb cook & hilarious. She has 5 daughters & loves us each equally but uniquely.

{ c. 1978 ~ four of the six kids in this picture are hers
& my mum still rocks it with her cool shades & bellbottoms }

Whenever I am in a parenting dilemma I think, "What would MY mum have done in this scenario?".

Happy Mother's Day, Mum. I love you!!!

{ me & mum aboard Passat }

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there! I hope you are spoiled rotten on Sunday.

{ *Note*: The name of my company, Baker Hill Homes, comes from my mother's maiden name, Hills, & my mother-in-law's maiden name, Baker. I wanted the company to represent the creativity & tenacity of both of these wonderful women who are close to my heart.}

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful way to honour a wonderful woman. You are a great mum too & definitely have learned from the best!

    ReplyDelete